Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Long Time......No See!

Well........it's been a long time since my last post. Life around here has been upside down! Daniel celebrated his ninth birthday. Darryl had another birthday. We celebrated Thanksgiving together. I had another surgery, and we began to prepare for the Christmas holiday season. More construction work is going on in the house. It has been a whilrwind of activity around here and in the midst of it all, I'm working on making me better. Feels like I'm taking on a mountain of responsibility, but in the end, it will have been worth it all.

This was our first Christmas in the new house, and while trying to decorate and get everyone in the holiday spirit, the construction began again. Tile workers are repairing the shower leak and we have had to share the kids' bath for over a month now. There have been cracks in the walls, and the painter and carpeter have been back to take care of those items. The garage has finally been finished. My light in the stairwell has been finally installed.....Yeah!!! Why it took the builder so long to get this done is beyond me, but it's complete and I can now stop obsessing about it. The dishwasher broke about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and I have had to spend more time hand washing dishes over the holidays. It was finally fixed, and we found that one of the attachment screws came loose and jammed up the drain valve. My dishwasher has not been attached properly to the counter, and what they did do ended up messing up my brand new dishwasher. It's working right now, but still not attached to my counter. Anyhow, life goes on......

I actually did some scrapping!!!!!!! As usual, I got the big idea to send both sets of grandparents a mini album of the kids. As usual, I started late, and only have one of the albums completed. The grandmas know it is forthcoming....but I actually put in the time and did some scrapping. My scrapspace is set up and looks organized, but the feel is not exactly right, but I can work on that! Now, I just need to stop buying so much stuff and get busy using it!

1 comment:

thebeloved said...

Scrapbooking is a great hobby! I love it but have little to no time left to do anything. It took me a year to make a 96 page scrapbook of a six week mission trip to Osaka Japan. It was so worth it! Keep up the fun!