Friday, December 30, 2005

Love 'em while you have 'em...

I just heard something that really struck a chord with me. A guest on the Oprah show today was talking about coming through a rather difficult time, and his words were that you get very few opportunities to be in the same room with all the people you love and care about and who love and care about you.....mostly weddings or funerals, where of course you can't enjoy their company. I paused upon hearing this and it definately is true. When I think of gatherings of my family, it is usually at a wedding or unfortunately at a funeral. Over the past 5 years, we have begun having family reunions, and even with that we have lost loved ones and we shared warm thoughs of them at the first reunion without them. Family is important, and staying in touch is even more important. We all have family members that we take for granted. Once they are gone, there are no more words, laughter, touching, feeling, or sharing. 2005 has been a year of loss for many, and it is hard to step forward after that loss. As we enter a new year reach out to your family. Love them while you have them.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

beautifly said. I have been away from my family for 3 years and I miss them dearly, I plan to merge back into their lives when I move and savor every moment of it