Friday, October 08, 2010

Autumn Inspiration

Autumn has arrived and beautiful colors are bursting out all over.  The days have a slight chill to the air and the hills are alive with awesome color.  We've been rather busy around here getting into school and sports schedules.  They take a great amount of time away from my creative process, but I still manage to be inspired with everything around me.

We recently were invited by friends to help make apple butter using a huge outdoor cauldron and I can't tell you how much fun it was!  The smell of the wood burning and all that bubbly goodness in the pot combined to make for such a wonderful fall afternoon.  And the apple butter spread over homemade rolls along with all the other yummy foods were beyond delicious!






It was also a fun time to pose for a family photo...something that I don't get much opportunity to do since I'm the family photographer!




I've also been spending time adding fall color to my home.  Something about all those fall colors just kind of brings the cozy in.







And for the most fun of all....

I actually found some time to work on a home decor piece for the October challenge over at Scraps of Color.  We were challenge to create an over-sized tag using cricut cuts and an autumn theme.  Here's mine...



I used a tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More for the base cut from cream colored cardstock.  I used my favorite Tim Holtz distress inks to give it some muted mixed color all over.  I also used cuts from Lacy Labels & Thanksgiving and a stamp from Hero Arts and Inkadinkado along with a few leaves, flowers and a bit of raffia.  

All of this was inspired from all the beautiful autumn scenery here in New York.  This is going to be a beautiful weekend here, so I'm planning to get out and take it all in!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Staci said...

I love your tag! TFS. :-)

True Hearts Marriages said...

This is my first time stop' n by Tami...I also am a lover of God and family...enjoy your blog! I will be following you henceforth, looking forward to your topics...check us out when you have opportunity...blessings, Penny!

The Scrappin Diva said...

I love love love your fall settings and your tag.