Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Happy Birthday David!



Yesterday was my middle baby's 6th birthday! Somehow it doesn't seem like it has been 6 years since he was born. He took munchkins from Dunkin Donuts to celebrate with his class. Although he could have managed to carry them in on his own, he asked me to walk him in to class, so I did. As I was about to leave he gave me his morning goodbye kiss, but today instead of doing it in the car, he did it in front of the other students! I thought that was pretty cool! I gave his teacher invititations to his birthday party, which we will do on the 24th. When I picked the boys up at school, David came out wearing his bright yellow paper birthday crown. His present was waiting for him when he got home, and of course he was pretty pleased. Later, we did the cake and icecream and sang Happy Birthday. Overall he seemed to enjoy celebrating his special day! Even Daniel helped make the day special by not fighting with David, and making a special effort to be kind and loving. Although all that changed this morning when it was time to get up and ready for school. The battle lines have been drawn, and it's back to the normal daily chaos.

No comments: