Monday, July 18, 2005

Vacation Time!


I have been looking forward to vacation this year like you wouldn't believe. I so have needed to get away from everything going on and just kick back and relax a bit. So, as in years past, we went down to Myrtle Beach. Our home away from home was the Barefoot Resort, and once again we had a great condo for our time there. The view from the screened-in porch was fabulous. We had a large pond with several fountains in it, and it drew several families of ducks. The kids loved seeing the ducks each day. We did our usual visits to the aquarium, Grand Prix fun park, shopping, and the beach. This time we did get to the Alligator Adventure, and the boys thought it was awesome. They loved the alligator feeding. Tiffani looked at the gators and yelled out "dinosaur...dinosaur." Too funny!

We did get rain several days in a row, but it usually only lasted till the afternoon, then cleared out by evening. So even with the rain, we were still able to get out and enjoy the day. Of course, Darryl spent his mornings golfing with the usual crew, and we did all get together for dinner midweek at the Santa Fee Station. The kids loved the train theme. It was nice to finally meet some of the other families this time. I even finished reading The Indwelling and am ready to start the next book in the series. I even checked out a couple scrapping stores, and worked on a few pages with the minimal supplies I brought with me. Overall, I have to say I relaxed and rested, even though I spent my mornings alone with the kids. Although, it would be nice to leave everyone at home and take another vacation........alone.

No comments: