Wednesday, September 14, 2005

School Daze...Again!




Well school started on Sept 6, and the boys were excited to start fresh in a new school. We all were ready early, and had time to sit and talk about my expectations for this year. All was well received, and I realized that this new school year would mean changes for me as well. Up till now, they rode the bus, but now I am dropping them off and picking them up each day. David is beginning Kindergarten, and Daniel is in fourth grade. Seems like he was just born yesterday, and now he is in fourth grade. David is learning to read, and is loving it. I am trying to spend more hands-on time with them before and after school...especially after school to reinforce that learning is so important. Already, I am seeing changes in their attitudes when I mention homework. Now, if I can only keep Tiffani seated and quiet while homework is going on, I'll be doing well. She missed them the first day, but now she is into the new routine and enjoys getting her hat and backpack in the morning and riding to school with them. She looks forward to their return in the afternoon, but most of all....I am enjoying the "girl" time I get with her during the day. I love my boys, but I am so happy that school has started again. I did the happy dance on the first day, because I get some well deserved "me" time while they are in school. Now, if I can only stop catch-up cleaning and start scrapping again I will certainly be working my "me" time.

No comments: