Friday, July 01, 2005

Forever, For Always, For Love...Remembering Luther


I just found out the one of my favorite R&B artist has passed away today. Just say his name, and all sorts of musical images come to mind. Luther..... Luther Vandross. He has to be my all-time favorite. His smooth voice and lyrical styling was pure genius. I have to admit, that I absolutely love his music. I don't think that there was a single song he released that I didn't like. Luther could sing anything, and it sounded good.... "Here and Now was our wedding song. Darryl sang it to me on our very first date, and it is such a special song to us. I don't think there ever will be a voice that can compare to his. There are a few who follow in the same vein, but they just aren't Luther. I have missed his voice ever since he fell ill, and I will continue to miss his voice now that he has passed on. Long live "The Power of Love".

No comments: